Pineapple upside-down cake is a classic dessert that people all over the world have been eating for a long time. The pineapple and caramelized topping are put at the bottom of the pan and then flipped over when the cake is served. In this article, we’ll talk about the history, ingredients, baking process, different ways to make the cake, how to serve it, and other things that will help you make the perfect Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a tasty dessert that combines the sweetness of pineapple with the rich flavors of a buttery cake. Most of the time, the cake is made by putting pineapple slices and maraschino cherries in the bottom of a cake pan, covering them with a mixture of brown sugar and butter, and then pouring the cake batter on top. After the cake is done, it is turned over onto a serving plate, where the beautifully caramelized pineapple topping is revealed.
This delicious pineapple upside-down bundt cake is a beautiful way to serve a popular and easy-to-make dessert that everyone loves. This impressive dessert can be ready for everyone to enjoy even faster with this easy cake mix recipe.
Pineapple upside-down cake is known for its tropical and caramel-like flavors, which come from just three simple ingredients:
For the topping:
- Butter: The pineapple and cake are stuck together with unsalted, melted butter that is poured into the cake pan.
- Brown sugar: This goes on top of the butter that has melted in the cake pan. As the cake bakes, the sugar turns into caramel, giving each piece a flavor like caramel.
- Pineapple: Use pineapple slices from a can in juice. Before you start, pour the juice into a bowl. You’ll use it in the cake batter.
- Maraschino cherries: Before you start, take off the stems.
For the cake:
- Flour: Best is all-purpose flour.
- Baking powder: This makes the cake go up.
- Salt: To help the other tastes come together.
- Vegetable oil: For the cake to have moisture and shape.
- Whole milk: Make sure to leave the milk out on the kitchen counter for 20 to 30 minutes before starting this recipe so it can come to room temperature.
- Pineapple juice: Use the pineapple juice that is left over from the can.
- Sour cream: Or just use plain yogurt.
- Vanilla extract: For flavor.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar that is white.
- Eggs: Make sure the eggs are at room temperature, just like the milk, for the best results.
How to make This Easy pineapple upside down cake
Even though this cake isn’t hard to make, there are a few steps you need to take to make sure it turns out well and has beautiful pineapple slices on top. Follow these steps as a guide:
First Step: Get the pan ready
Pour the melted butter into the cake pan and sprinkle the brown sugar on top. Arrange the pineapple slices on top of the sugar, placing a cherry in the center of each pineapple ring.
Step 2: Make the batter
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the oil, milk, pineapple juice, sour cream, vanilla extract, and granulated sugar. Beat the eggs into the wet mixture to finish.
Step 3: Mix the dry ingredients into the wet
Mix the dry flour mixture into the wet ingredients in the bowl slowly. Stir everything just until it comes together.
Step 4: Bake
Put the pineapple in the cake pan and pour the cake batter over it. Smooth out the top, and then bake the cake until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
Step 5: Let it cool, then flip it over
After taking the cake out of the oven, let it cool for at least 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cake and then carefully flip it over onto a serving plate. The pineapple rings and cherries should now be on top! Cut the cake and eat it!Print
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup milk at room temperature
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs at room temperature
1/4 cup butter melted
1/2 cup light brown sugar
20 ounces of canned pineapple in its own juices
1/4 cup maraschino cherries
- Set the oven temperature to 180C/350F.
- First, get the topping ready. Pour melted butter into a 9-inch cake pan and sprinkle brown sugar all over the top. Place pineapple slices on top of the sugar and put a cherry in the middle of each one. If you have any pineapple left over, cut it up into small pieces and spread them around the pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Mix the oil, milk, pineapple juice, sour cream, vanilla extract, and granulated sugar together in a large bowl. Add the eggs and whisk until everything is mixed well.
- Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients gradually, stirring until the two mixtures are just combined.
- Pour the batter on top of the pineapple and spread it out. Bake in an oven that has already been heated for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before running a knife around the edges and turning it over onto a serving plate.
- HOW TO STORE: You can keep the leftover cake or individual slices at room temperature for up to 3 days in an airtight container. It can also be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- TO FREEZE: Put the cake pieces in airtight containers and freeze them for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Cake,Dessert
- Method: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 322 kcal
- Sodium: 158 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: Pineapple Upside Down, Easy Cake
Hi there, I’m Chef Lisa, a culinary enthusiast with a passion for creating delicious dishes that bring people together. With years of experience in the kitchen, I’ve honed my skills and developed a unique style that blends classic techniques with modern flavors. Whether I’m experimenting with new ingredients or putting a twist on a traditional recipe, my goal is always to create something that is both delicious and memorable. I’m excited to share my love of cooking with you and can’t wait to see what we’ll create together!