Layers Of Cream Filled Cookies, Vanilla Pudding, And Strawberries Make Up This No Bake Strawberry Shortcake. It’s the coolest dessert ever!
This dessert recipe for strawberry shortcake is about to become your favorite because it’s the easiest strawberry shortcake for a crowd you’ll ever make.
Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Lush is a great one to get you in the mood for spring. It has layers of pudding, strawberries, and whipped cream. Give me a fork, please.
You will need the following ingredients :
- vanilla instant pudding
- nonfat milk
- vanilla extract
- Golden Oreos (or another cookie or graham cracker that tastes like vanilla)
- unsalted butter, melted
- Cool Whip (or fresh whipped cream)
- fresh strawberries, hulled, cut, and dried
Recipe for the BEST Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
How else do these desserts remind you of lush? You can’t just stop with one. Literally. They are easy to eat and don’t take up much space, so you can have more than one slice. Then one more. And another, until you have to throw the whole pan away so you don’t eat it all.
One of my favorite no-bake desserts so far is this strawberry shortcake version. Vanilla pudding, golden Oreos, whipped topping, and strawberries. Many, many fresh berries!
This dessert goes by SO many names. I see it called a No Bake Lush most of the time, but I’ve also seen it called a No Bake Layered Dessert, Heavenly Dessert, Dream Dessert, or Strawberry Lasagna. I never know what to call it so that search engines can find it… I usually just throw some names at a wall and hope for the best.
The composition of Strawberry Shortcake Dessert is characterized by certain commonalities shared among various confectionary preparations:
An underlying base or foundation, typically in the form of a crust.
An interior component, often comprising a form of the pudding-based filling (referred to as Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert in some cases).
An abundant layer of whipped topping.
Numerous supplementary filling elements such as freshly harvested berries or crushed biscuits.
As for the dessert in question, I opted to utilize a combination of Golden Oreos and fresh Strawberries, the resulting product of which was absolutely divine.
How to make an easy No Bake Strawberry Shortcake
Crafting a simple yet delectable No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Dessert requires only a few straightforward steps:
First, crush a generous amount of Golden Oreos, or alternatively, some classic shortbread cookies. Use the crushed cookies to create a firm foundation by lining a pan with them.
Next, prepare some instant vanilla pudding, taking into account that you may opt for a sugar-free alternative or choose a different flavor altogether such as lemon or cheesecake. Fold some whipped topping into the mixture and layer it onto the cookie base, adding a pound of freshly harvested strawberries.
To finish, top off the dessert with another layer of whipped topping and more crushed cookies for an added crunch. The result is a delightfully sweet and satisfying Strawberry Shortcake Dessert, perfect for those who prefer to keep their baking efforts to a minimum.Print
- 1 3.4 oz/96g box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 ½ cups (266ml) (266ml) nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 Golden Oreos or another cookie or graham cracker that tastes like vanilla
- 2 tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter, melted 12 ounces (510g) Top with Cool Whip (see note about using fresh whipped cream)
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries that have been hulled, cut and dried.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the pudding, milk, and vanilla. Let it sit for a while while you make the crust.
- Use a rolling pin to crush the cookies in a large gallon-sized Ziploc bag. Save 1/2 cup of the crumbled cookies. Put the 2 tablespoons of melted butter in the bag and use your hands to work the butter through the remaining cookie crumbs. Put the crumbs in a baking dish that is 9″ square. The crust will never be solid; it will always be crumbly.
- Mix 8 ounces of the whipped topping into the pudding. Half of the pudding mixture should be spread on top of the crust. Put the strawberries on top of the pudding in a single layer. Spread the rest of the pudding mix over the berries. Add more whipped topping on top, and then sprinkle the rest of the cookies on top.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
If you want to use fresh whipped cream, whip together 2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. About 24 hours from now, it will start to leak.
This recipe, as written, can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- CHILL TIME: 4 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/12 recipe
- Calories: 196kcal
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 114mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
More Recipes Like This :
Hi, I’m Clara Magnet
Hi there! As an author, I’m actually a professional chef and food blogger. I’ve been cooking for over 10 years and absolutely love creating recipes that bring people together around the table.
I take a lot of pride in making sure all of my recipes are accurate and delicious. I do a ton of research and testing to make sure everything turns out just right. I get inspiration from all sorts of sources, and I try to use ingredients that are in season, organic, and locally sourced whenever I can.
One of the most important things to me is making sure my recipes are easy to follow and producing great results every time. If you ever have any questions or need some extra guidance, don’t hesitate to ask! I’m always happy to help out. Thanks for checking out my recipes, and happy cooking!